How can I promote my blog? Are you looking to reach thousands, if not millions of people through social media?
You may think you are done when you have finished writing a blog post that is unique and published.
This is only half of the work you have to do. To make it more valuable and worth your time, you must promote it to build an audience.
These are the five strategies you can use to promote your blog, and significantly improve its traffic.
1. Create Unique Blog Content
This takes effort and time. You must ensure that your blog is always producing high-quality content before you promote it.
Your main goal is to provide value to your audience so that they see you as a trustworthy source.
Your blog will be of value if you create content that solves their problems or provides how-to guides, etc.
You can also invite guest writers to contribute content to your blog while you are creating it. Focus on your niche and create content that is relevant to your blog.
2. Include visual media
Your blog posts will be more interesting if you use visual media such as images or videos. Simply put, visual media can make your blog posts more understandable and easier to remember.
You can search free stock photo websites for photos that are related to your blog posts.
You can also create your own videos and images for your blog content. This will give your blog a unique feel. It can/will help you build brand awareness among your readers.
For this, you can use Canva to create beautiful and professional graphics for your blog posts or social media posts.
You can also use Canva (or any other related) to create original infographics and blog banners, graphs, and other visual media to engage more visitors to your blog and increase the social sharing of blog posts.
3. Understand Your Audience
Without understanding your audience, you can’t create great content. Simply put, the motivation for your blog posts should be what your audience is interested in hearing from you.
Understanding your audience will help you write better content and help you come up with blog post ideas. This will help you build trust and a certain amount of authority in your niche.
Your audience will also help you succeed by simply being able to purchase courses/digital products or any other thing from you including merch.
What’s the first thing you should do?
To grow your blog more effectively, you need to do a smart and quick research. You can begin to gain insights about your blog visitors if you have Google Analytics installed for your blog.
You can also use the audience insight tools on either Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest to determine the interests of your target audience.
4. Make your blog searchable
Search engines are used by people to find the information they need. If your valuable content isn’t visible to search engines, you may lose more blog visitors.
Optimize your blog content for search engines!
You won’t be able to rank for certain search terms in search engines if your blog isn’t technically optimized.
This means that you must ensure that your blog performs (loads) quickly and is SEO-optimised without technical problems.
Your blog might be ready if you have a great blog design and a reliable web hosting provider.
To rank higher in search engines, you need to work hard. Udemy is a great resource for learning more about SEO. Remember, you can easily grow your blog if you understand the process.
5. Connect with your blog audience
You can quickly lose your audience if you don’t get in touch with them. To promote and grow your blog, you must keep them impressed and inspired to continue listening to you.
How can you stay in touch with your audience?
- Email – This is a low-cost, powerful way to communicate with customers and loyal followers. To build your email readership, you may consider creating a blog newsletter. A simple call to action (CTA) can be used to ask readers to sign up for your email list. This will help you build an audience who reads every post of yours as well as financially motivated to make a purchase or donation.
- Social Media – Many bloggers know how social media is important in promoting your blog. Understanding your audience is key. You can use simple insights tools to help you figure out who your audience is. Facebook allows you to create pages and groups that will simply target a specific audience. You can also run Facebook ads tailored to your needs. Don’t forget to use Twitter. You can also use most of the other social media platforms for content promotion.
- Pinterest – Pinterest is a visual search engine that helps you find ideas. Every pin you will share on Pinterest is or will be a source of most of your blog traffic. You can use Pinterest, especially its pin ideas to bring loyal blog visitors to your blog and thus increase your audience as well as potential sales.
This is how I did it and continue to do it in order to grow my blog. Making your own blog strategies can help you produce better content and deliver better results.
You can also look on the internet to see what your competitors are doing. Then, do something different (in a good way) to create more useful and unique content for your audience.
Make sure you use the right tools for every moment. Best of Luck!