How to make your bathroom smell great! These easy tricks will help you get rid of bad bathroom odors naturally. It is the most difficult room in your home to maintain a fresh odor.
Today, we will discuss several methods to eliminate odors and neutralize them. You might even be able to make your bathroom smell like a spa! Let’s take a look at them!
1. Maintain a regular cleaning routine
Your bathroom will not smell great unless you put in some effort.
Although cleaning isn’t fun, it’s not difficult. However, it’s easier to keep it clean and organized. This will make cleaning much easier and faster.
Here’s an easy bathroom cleaning routine you can follow:
- Once a day, wipe down the faucet, countertop, and sink. Disposable disinfecting wipes are my favorite to do this quickly.
- You can wipe down the toilet and its surrounding area at least once a week. If you are concerned about it, I recommend that gloves be worn.
- If the shower gets a lot of use, you can clean it once a week or more. To prevent gunk buildup, you can spray the shower with a daily spray.
- If you have small boys or messy men, mop the floors weekly or more frequently.
- A few times per week, empty the trash.
- Perform a quick inspection every few days to eliminate any visible mold.
2. Clean your toilet brush regularly
It is important to keep your bathroom clean by cleaning all of your cleaning utensils.
To disinfect your toilet brush, spray it generously with bleach or rubbing alcohol at least once per month.
To keep your toilet brush fresh, it is recommended that you replace it every six months.
Pro tip: Place the toilet brush between the toilet bowl and the seat to dry it.
3. Wash towels frequently
Bad odors in the bathroom can be caused by dirty or musty towels.
This is how to wash and dry towels properly so that they smell great.
It is best to wash towels every 3-4 times.
To ensure that towels dry completely, hang them up between uses.
4. Use essential oil on your toilet paper rolls
A quick way to make your bathroom smell great is to apply essential oils to the cardboard portion of your toilet paper roll.
A fresh scent is released every time someone rolls it to get some toilet paper.
Here are some essential oils you might like to try:
- Tea tree
5. Throw out the trash frequently
Your bathroom smells could be coming from your garbage can.
It is best to replace the liner every other week.
Pro tip: To absorb odors, sprinkle baking soda on the trash can or use a fabric softener to cover it.
6. Regularly wash rugs
Bath mats are the main cause of musty odors in your bathroom.
They can be a breeding ground for mildew and bacteria, especially if they aren’t completely dried between uses.
Wash your bathroom rugs at least once a week if they are used frequently. This means daily.
7. Use Poo-Pourri spray
Spray Poo-Pourri in the water before you go to the toilet.
This amazing invention traps odors under the water surface instead of allowing them to seep into the atmosphere.
Poo-Pourri is also known as the “before you go spray”, and it’s the best bathroom air freshener.
8. Drain cleaners are a good choice
Bad odors may drift from your bathroom’s drains.
Sprinkle baking soda and white vinegar down your sinks or shower drains to prevent any musty or sewer smells.
It will bubble up and remove any particles that might become stinky.
9. Spritz homemade air freshener
Air fresheners purchased in stores can smell fake and very bad.
Combine these ingredients to make your room spray bottle.
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbs isopropyl Alcohol
- 6 drops essential oil
This automatic spray is for you if you are looking for pre-made, scrumptious air fresheners. It will instantly make your bathroom feel like a tropical paradise.
10. Keep consistent airflow
Bad ventilation or airflow can cause lingering odors to build up in the bathroom.
After you take a shower, turn on an exhaust fan and let it run for a while.
You can also leave the window open when the weather permits.
This is the single best way to eliminate bathroom odors.
11. Use baking soda
Baking soda is great at absorbing odors and will deodorize your bathroom. It is also very affordable!
This is a great way to keep even a bathroom without windows fresh.
Make sure to fill a jar of baking soda and poke holes in its lid to allow it to work its magic.
If you don’t think it will be knocked over, you can put the baking soda in an open container or bowl.
12. A pleasant smell is also a plus
You can also add a pleasant smell to your bathroom to prevent bad odors from building up.
The reed diffuser is long-lasting, does not require an outlet or flame, and can be customized with a variety of wonderful scents.
These are some of the most popular reed diffusers you can try:
- Set of White Tea Reed Diffusers
- Craft & Kin Orange Blossom, and Lotus
- Houzz Almafi Coast Scent – Your bathroom will smell like a spa with this scent!
An essential oils diffuser is another way to naturally make your bathroom smell great.
13. Toilet bombs are a good idea.
The toilet bomb works in the same way as an odor-neutralizing toilet drop-in. It cleans your toilet bowl by bubbling up, so you don’t have to scrub.
Here’s whow to make your very own toilet bombs.
How to make your shower smell great
- Keep your drain clear and use a daily spray.
- Make sure you also wash your shower curtains regularly.
This is one of those chores that’s easy to forget. Make sure you include it in your cleaning routine at the very least once a month.
- Regularly wash and replace your shower liner. Keep the liner and curtain closed after you shower so they can dry completely.
These bathroom scent hacks are easy to implement. These simple tricks will make your bathroom smell great! I hope you found these useful. You don’t have to live with a smelly bathroom.
- To prevent unpleasant odors building up, keep it clean
- Baking soda can be used to neutralize bad odors in the bathroom.
- You can make it smell great with essential oils and a reed diffuser