Your life and future can be positively impacted by how you supplement your income. Take a look at our suggestions for making an additional $12,000 or more per year.
What if you could get an extra $1,000 per month? Who wouldn’t want an extra $1,000 a month? This is $12,000 per year that you can use for credit cards, loans, investments, or to build an emergency fund. It sounds great but how can you get there? There are many ways to make $1,000 or more per month if you are creative.
1. Freelance Graphic Design
While freelance writing can be a great side hustle, businesses also need logos and graphics to accompany their content. That’s where freelance graphic designers come in.
Graphic design jobs can bring in an additional $1,000 per month if you are proficient with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
These are some websites you might want to check out:
- Fiverr.com offers a booming graphics design section, where freelancers can offer to design logos, podcast art, and Photoshop editing.
- 99designs focuses exclusively on graphic design. It offers many articles with tips and trends, as well as design contests.
- You can apply to Upwork for both recurring and one-time graphic design jobs. Often, you will be working with more serious clients with longer-term needs.
2. Freelance Writing
Clear thinkers make great writers. You can make a living as a freelance writer even without a Journalism or English degree.
You can also set your own hours and rates, and choose the clients and projects you wish to work with.
If you work hard and are reliable, you can easily make $1,000 or more per month by writing. These are the top websites to find freelance writing jobs.
- Fiverr.com lets you post gigs offering your writing services such as article writing, ebook writing, ghostwriting, or social media copy.
- Upwork allows for longer-term work. It also lets you apply for writing jobs that buyers are looking for.
- ProBlogger has a job board that offers high-quality freelance writing jobs and long-term recurring work.
- Craigslist offers a section for writing that lists local writing jobs. These jobs may not be the most lucrative, but they are great for gaining experience.
3. Create websites
A website is essential for every business. You don’t have to be an expert in web design to build professional-looking websites. You can often charge $500 to $1,000+ for just one site.
This means you don’t have to spend really work tirelessly to get that extra $1,000. These are the top website-building companies you need to know.
To find the one that offers you the best experience, check them all:
- Weebly was created in 2007 and is an intuitive, drag-and-drop website builder. The Weebly platform is used by more than 50 million websites around the globe. This platform is great for building a basic website with standard pages. It starts at $6 per month.
- Shopify requires a little more learning than Weebly. This platform is easy to use, and you don’t have to be a programmer. It is ideal for clients looking to sell products and services. They have been in business for over 10 years and now power more than 1,000,000 merchants around the world. Pricing starts at $29.99 per month
- WordPress was created in 2003. Today, WordPress is used by the vast majority of websites around the world. WordPress is a great choice for clients who wish to create a blog. However, it has the most difficult learning curve despite it offering many features.
4. Transcribe Audio
Are you able to type quickly? Typists who can type quickly can make a lot of money transcribing audio files to word documents.
Many companies will pay transcriptionists for remote work, so you don’t have to leave your house. Here are some places to look for audio transcription jobs.
- TranscribeMe pays $15-$22 an audio hour with the highest-earning members making $2,200 per month. Do you have a background in law or medicine? The good news is that you will get a higher rate.
- Rev pays $21 an audio hour. It is one of the most well-known transcription companies, used by Amazon, Viacom, and CBS, among others.
- FlexJobs can be a great place to search for transcription gigs and other flexible, remote, and part-time jobs in the United States and around the world.
5. Teach A Foreign Language Online
You can make a living teaching foreign languages online to children and adults if you are fluent in any. You can make more money teaching if you have a certification or degree in the language. These are just a few places you can teach online.
- Italki provides a platform for tutors and teachers. You can set your prices.
- VIPKid is a platform that requires both a degree and teaching experience. For example: Teaching English online to children can earn you between $18 and $21.
6. Fix-and-Flip Furniture
You can easily make an additional $1,000 per month by fixing up old furniture and then selling it online. With minimal effort, you can make some quick cash on Craigslist and eBay.
These are some tips to get you started.
- Get free or low-cost furniture. You can also find furniture for sale on Craigslist and Nextdoor.
- You can paint solid wood furniture to improve its appearance.
- Learn from YouTube videos. You can find many videos that show you how to upholster furniture and paint wood. Handy is a great resource for simple repairs.
7. Dog Walking
It’s hard to imagine anyone not wanting to be paid to spend time with their furry friends. Dog walking can be a fun and easy way to make an extra $1,000 per month.
These are some platforms that dog walkers can use:
- Wag! requires potential dog walkers to complete a background check and phone interview. However, you can earn money by dog walking on-demand. The average pay is $17.50 per dog walk. This means that you would only need to walk 14 dogs per week to earn an additional $1,000.
- Rover is a bit different from Wag!. Rover allows you to make money by both walking dogs and also house sitting. Wag charges a higher fee.
8. You can become a rideshare driver
You get the following benefits from being a rideshare driver:
- You can set your own schedule. Ridesharing is extremely flexible.
- Use peak hours to take advantage of surge pricing.
- Hire a car through the company.
9. Create E-books
You can make money as a writer if you are a good writer.
Ghostwriting e-books can be a great way to make money upfront, but self-publishing will allow you to keep generating income long after you have published.
- Amazon allows you to publish and sell e-books through Kindle. Publishing is affordable since there is no physical product.
- Fiverr.com allows you to sell writing services such as ghostwriting e-books for clients. You can set your own rates and work with all kinds of clients.
- You can find more lucrative and long-term writing jobs at Upwork. Although ghostwriting jobs are more lucrative with Upwork, buyers also expect high-quality work.
An extra $1,000 per month can help pay student loans, increase your savings, or allow you to spend on big-ticket items or go on vacations.
All it takes to increase your income is some effort and time to design what strategies you plan to implement to get clients.
These are some fun ways you can make extra money.