Are you searching for the best content management tools to optimize your workflow and increase productivity?
Content planning is about organizing your ideas, researching, and structuring them in an easy-to-follow format. It also ensures that your target audience receives information that is relevant and valuable.
Although planning content can seem difficult, it doesn’t have to be.
Some of The Best Content Planning Tools
Your marketing strategy is built around content. Content is the foundation of your marketing strategy. It provides value and builds trust with potential clients.
We also included tools in this list that will help you with other aspects of your content marketing strategies. This will allow you to maximize your publishing workflow.
1. Content Planner in Canva Pro
Canva allows you to create anything from flyers and posters to marketing materials and posts for social media.
It is easy to use and comes with tons of pre-designed templates you can use even without having any design skills.
The new Canva Pro Content Planner makes it easy to manage your social media platforms.
It allows you to create and schedule weekly or monthly posts on Facebook or Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, or Linkedin.
Why you try Canva:
- There are thousands of social media templates that can be customized.
- Media library with millions of stock photos, videos, and graphics
- Invite your team members to collaborate in real-time.
- Use folders to organize all of your content and designs.
- You can schedule your posts to be posted on social media right from Canva.
Pricing – Canva Content Planner forms part of the Canva Pro bundle. Canva Pro is $12.99 per month for up to five people. It has a free 30-day trial period.
Semrush can be used to improve your online visibility by helping you answer real questions that people are asking on search engines.
This platform allows you to perform keyword research, audit your site, find backlinking opportunities, and many other things.
The package also includes a set of content marketing tools to help you find better headlines, questions, and SEO recommendations.
Why Semrush is a Good Idea:
- Find specific topics that are relevant to your audience.
- You can create an Editorial Calendar.
- Able to audit your content, to determine its SEO standing.
- You will be able to optimize your content for SEO and increase traffic.
- Analyze and measure the impact of your content marketing efforts.
Pricing: Semrush provides a free 7-day trial. There are no fees if you cancel within the 7-day period. The Pro plan is $99.95 per month (billed annually). It’s perfect for content marketers, small businesses, and startups.
Pocket allows you to save unlimited articles, videos, and other web pages to read later. It allows you to save some of the best content you might find while browsing the internet so you can read it later.
With its own browser extensions and mobile apps, it is super easy to keep all your interesting information in one place.
You can also access it easily whenever you need to read/watch/listen for ideas. You can even use it offline to increase your productivity.
Why Try Pocket:
- You can sync your articles across both the Web app and mobile app.
- Highlight text when reading.
- You can listen to your saved articles with the text-to-speech feature.
- To keep track of the items you have saved, you can use tags
ContentCal allows you to organize all your social media content in one place. It will allow you to keep track of your content, help you reach your goals, keep your clients informed, and make you more productive.
The intuitive interface makes it easy for your team to plan and visualize your content strategy. It also comes with a Content Hub, which allows you to brainstorm ideas and post them.
Why you should try ContentCal:
- Your calendars can be shared with your team members and clients.
- To automate publishing, connect your social media accounts.
- To brainstorm content ideas, you’ll be able to collaborate with your team.
- Web Clipper browser extension allows you to easily add links and articles.
- Advanced Analytics allows you to easily measure your success.
Pricing: ContentCal offers a free 14-day trial. The paid plan is $30 per month and will be charged annually.
Notion – This is an app that is simple and makes digital and content creation much easier. Notion can even help you plan your next vacation or simply brainstorm new content ideas.
You can streamline your work with your entire team.
You can organize projects, manage meetings, create journals, and brainstorm new ideas all in one place.
The reasons to try Notion
- Quickly capture notes and organize them as you wish.
- To be more productive, you can create detailed project boards or checklists.
- Notion Web Clipper, which will help you save any page on the web.
- You can collaborate with your team members in real-time
- All your information should be kept in one place, including notes, plans, and the process.
Pricing: Only Personal use is free. The starter plan for teams is $8 per user per month (billed annually).
Trello can be used to manage your projects. It can be used to plan your content creation, compile a to-do list, prioritize your workflow, and do many other tasks.
Trello’s collaborative features allow multiple people to collaborate on content projects.
Trello makes content planning much easier, whether you are managing an online marketing campaign or simply writing a blog post.
Why you should try Trello:
- Unlimited personal boards, lists, cards, and members.
- DropBox, Google Drive, and Box allow for easy uploads
- Trello cards can be used to set deadlines and to alert fellow team members.
- Trello comes with an integrated automation system that automates any action within.
- Integrations with apps like Jira, Slack, and many more.
7. Google Sheets
Google Sheets, is a free online spreadsheet application by Google, that can be used from any web browser or mobile app. To stay organized and productive, create an Editorial Calendar within Google Sheets.
There are many templates available online. You can search for the right template for you, your team, or your agency. Log in to your Google account to access Sheets online.
You can also import, export, or upload an existing spreadsheet from your computer.
Why you should try Google Sheets:
- Free access.
- Real-time collaboration with your team to plan and collaborate.
- You can edit your sheets even if you are offline.
- Integration with other Google products like Docs, Slides, and Forms.
- Multiple spreadsheet file formats are available; editing, saving and exporting spreadsheets.
8. Google Calendar
Google Calendar can be used to simplify your workflow planning. You can schedule meetings and view your schedule on your phone. You can also get reminders about upcoming events.
You can share your schedule with others, and you can create multiple calendars that your entire team can use. Google Calendar is a great tool for keeping your business on track, whether you are planning content, meetings, or simply sharing events.
Why you should try Google Calendar:
- You can use the calendar free of charge with any Google Account.
- Google can help choose the most common times for meetings.
- To organize everything within, you can create multiple calendars.
- Google Meeting allows you to plan video conferencing.
- You can share your calendars with colleagues and other users.
Content planning is an essential part of any content marketing strategy.
Although it may seem simple, you need to be focused on your audience and their needs.
It will help you create better content, organize and implement your ideas, establish a relationship with your audience and generate leads.